|Written by Chris Vannini|
Posted by: Chris Vannini on November 15, 2012
With Arizona State's final home game coming this weekend, first-year coach Todd Graham brought a new tradition with him.
After the final practice before the final home game, the seniors are carried off the field by other players - a tradition Graham says he used at other places.
"It's just something I've always done," he said. "It's really for the last practice of the last home game. Just a recognition to say thank you and how important they've been to this program. We thanked them today for the commitment they've had, not just since December (when I was hired), but for five, six , three, four years these guys have been here. They're a special group of guys.
"It's just a way to recognize them. Obviously we intend on having bowl practices and all those things, so it's not the last practice, but the last practice before the last home game. It's a tradition we're going to try to get started."
Bowl practices aren't guaranteed, as the Sun Devils are sitting at 5-5. They host Washington State on Saturday and travel to Arizona the next week.
You can watch some players being carried off below behind Graham.
Recent Articles on CoachingSearch.com
Chris Vannini is the lead writer for CoachingSearch.com and has covered Michigan State sports for The State News, The Oakland Press and MLive.com. He writes a weekly column for the Detroit Free Press on behalf of SB Nation. Vannini lives in Big Ten country, so his foot speed is far from SEC caliber, but his pulse on coaches is hard to match. Be sure to follow @CoachingBuzz on twitter and send your feedback to email@example.com
- South Carolina football nails season-ticket promo
- Clemson releases hype video 100 days from opener
- Ed Cunningham: I would have trashed that coach on social media
- Dan Mullen: I'm more worried about winning than the number of games
- 100 days out: Butch Jones delivers video message to the Vol nation
- Oklahoma schools partner for tornado recovery shirt
- Indiana posts teaser video for… something
- Ron Jaworski: I don't think Chip Kelly's offense will work in the NFL
- Photo: Northwestern's Gator Bowl championship ring
- Bill O'Brien explains motivation for Penn State football in 2013