Posted by: Pete Roussel on November 26, 2012
On Sunday, Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long informed the Arkansas players that he intends to name a new head coach within the next 10-14 days.
Outside of my initial report that TCU's Gary Patterson had emerged as a leading candidate at one point, there hasn't been much to report about the Arkansas coaching search.
Jeff Long has kept this search close to the vest.
Tonight, however, a source informed me that multiple people close to Washington head coach Steve Sarkisian believe that Sark is definitely in the mix.
Sark isian (38) just finished his fourth year in Seattle. In four seasons, he has led the program to records of 5-7, 7-6, 7-6, and 7-5. He did inherit a very difficult situation when he arrived in Seattle.
Last January, Sarkisian reportedly turned down an opportunity to interview for the St. Louis Rams head coaching job.
In the off-season, Sarkisian hired former Tennessee defensive coordinator Justin Wilcox to run his defense, Eric Keisau as the offensive coordinator, and tabbed former Cal assistant Tosh Lupoi as the defensive line coach. Lupoi is widely considered one of the top recruiters in all of college football.
Washington is set to open the renovated Husky Stadium next season. Sarkisian said last May that it would be the best stadium in America.
Before becoming the head coach at UW, Sarkisian served on Pete Carroll's staff at USC from 2005-2009.
Stay tuned to the Coaching Search Ticker.
Recent articles on CoachingSearch.com
Pete Roussel is a valuable resource for coaches, athletic directors, NFL front-office personnel, and college football enthusiasts. A former college football coach, Roussel shares insight on coaches 365 days a year and is recognized as the most trusted expert on coaching transactions. Follow @CoachingSearch on twitter and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is an ACC Network on its way?
- Predicting ESPN College GameDay locations for 2013
- Mark Richt: 'We have to start the year in mid-season form'
- Photo: Wyoming football is looking to be 'Fast N Furious'
- EJ Manuel: Jimbo's offense is more complex than the Bills' offense
- Sean Payton, new workout circuit transforming attitude and determination of Saints
- Sun Belt reveals new conference logo
- Ron English has one rule regarding practice fights
- Tough ticket: The 10 most-expensive games of 2013
- Photo: Michigan State coaches send welcome letter to recent commit