|Written by Josh Kendall|
Posted by: Josh Kendall on December 7, 2012
Is it possible Vanderbilt fans will burn Nashville down if they do eventually qualify for a big-time bowl game? I'm beginning to think so after watching this video of the school's Music City Bowl announcement.
About two thousand fans showed up to cheer the announcement and listen to coach James Franklin, who had to postpone his speech due to a rousing ovation from the fans.
"All the naysayers out there, I really would love to tell them to go..." Franklin said before stopping himself. "I sit here and think about when we got here the feeling that surrounded the program, that's why I get so emotional because I know how far we have come."
Josh Kendall is a staff writer for CoachingSearch.com and has covered the SEC for more than 15 years for papers such as the Athens Banner-Herald, Macon Telegraph, and The State. He’s the father of two boys who he’s hoping don’t inherit his wide receiver frame and offensive guard feet. Follow @EyeOnCoaches on twitter and send your feedback to email@example.com
- Photo: Jaguars release rendering of stadium enhancement
- Twitter code words are the latest social media trend
- Tom Herman hopes to use Dana Holgorsen's diamond formation
- Brady Hoke: The SEC isn't the only conference with good football
- Does Erik Spoelstra feel lucky to have a Game 7?
- Scott Frost: When Chip Kelly left, this team could have run itself
- Al Golden: 'There are great days ahead'
- NCAA grants waiver to Ole Miss assistant to monitor throwing mechanics of injured QB
- Finebaum: Johnny Manziel is trending towards becoming a punch line
- Does an experienced offensive line lead to success?