Posted by: Pete Roussel on December 10, 2012
Western Kentucky has hired Bobby Petrino as head coach.
The story was first reported by the Bowling Green Daily News.
Western Kentucky becomes the tenth athletic department this coaching carousel season to turn to a proven head coach to lead their program.
Arkansas, Cal, Auburn, USF, Boston College, Colorado, Cincinnati, Purdue, and NC State have each hired head coaches.
Only Idaho and Kentucky chose to hire coordinators. The Vandals chose Paul Petrino, while Kentucky hired Florida State defensive coordinator Mark Stoops.
Northern Illinois promoted offensive coordinator / offensive line coach Rod Carey to head coach.
Petrino will open the 2013 season against Kentucky in Nashville. One week later, the Hilltoppers play at Tennessee.
Stay tuned to the Coaching Search Ticker for more updates.-----------
Pete Roussel is a valuable resource for coaches, athletic directors, NFL front-office personnel, and college football enthusiasts. A former college football coach, Roussel shares insight on coaches 365 days a year and is recognized as the most trusted expert on coaching transactions. Follow @CoachingSearch on twitter and send your feedback to email@example.com
- South Carolina football nails season-ticket promo
- Clemson releases hype video 100 days from opener
- Ed Cunningham: I would have trashed that coach on social media
- Dan Mullen: I'm more worried about winning than the number of games
- 100 days out: Butch Jones delivers video message to the Vol nation
- Oklahoma schools partner for tornado recovery shirt
- Indiana posts teaser video for… something
- Ron Jaworski: I don't think Chip Kelly's offense will work in the NFL
- Photo: Northwestern's Gator Bowl championship ring
- Bill O'Brien explains motivation for Penn State football in 2013