|Written by Chris Vannini|
Posted by: Chris Vannini on January 13, 2013
Urban Meyer has come a long way in the last decade.
Before he led Ohio State to a 12-0 regular season or Florida to two national championships, he was hired at Utah to bring a fast-paced offensive style.
That leads us to this 2003 Utah football commercial discovered on YouTube. The Utes were coming off a 5-6 season and, in an attempt to fire up the fan base, this was one of a few commercials aired.
Meyer proved to be correct, posting 10-2 and 12-0 seasons before heading to Gainesville. Fasten your seatbelts.
Chris Vannini is the lead writer for CoachingSearch.com and has covered Michigan State sports for The State News, The Oakland Press and MLive.com. He writes a weekly column for the Detroit Free Press on behalf of SB Nation. Vannini lives in Big Ten country, so his foot speed is far from SEC caliber, but his pulse on coaches is hard to match. Be sure to follow @CoachingBuzz on twitter and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Al Borges: 'People don't understand the value of a failed play'
- College football off-season studies
- Michigan State AD: Hiring Dantonio was 'scientific' not just 'I like that guy'
- 100 days until college football
- South Carolina football nails season-ticket promo
- Clemson releases hype video 100 days from opener
- Ed Cunningham: I would have trashed that coach on social media
- Dan Mullen: I'm more worried about winning than the number of games
- 100 days out: Butch Jones delivers video message to the Vol nation
- Oklahoma schools partner for tornado recovery shirt