|Written by Chris Vannini|
Posted by: Chris Vannini on January 16, 2013
It has been a tough offseason for Doc Holliday.
CoachingSearch.com broke the story this morning that Marshall offensive line coach Geep Wade will join the staff at Middle Tennessee State. It will be the fourth assistant coach Holliday has to replace this offseason.
In November, defensive coordinator / linebackers coach Chris Rippon resigned. Two weeks ago, co-offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach Tony Petersen took the offensive coordinator job at Louisiana Tech
And late last week, cornerbacks coach Lytrel Pollard accepted the defensive backs job at Southern Miss.
Chuck Heater has been hired as defensive coordinator / defensive backs, while offensive coordinator / tight ends coach Bill Legg has shifted from tight ends to quarterbacks.
Stay tuned to the Coaching Search Ticker for all the latest.
Chris Vannini is the lead writer for CoachingSearch.com and has covered Michigan State sports for The State News, The Oakland Press and MLive.com. He writes a weekly column for the Detroit Free Press on behalf of SB Nation. Vannini lives in Big Ten country, so his foot speed is far from SEC caliber, but his pulse on coaches is hard to match. Be sure to follow @CoachingBuzz on twitter and send your feedback to email@example.com
- Is an ACC Network on its way?
- Predicting ESPN College GameDay locations for 2013
- Mark Richt: 'We have to start the year in mid-season form'
- Photo: Wyoming football is looking to be 'Fast N Furious'
- EJ Manuel: Jimbo's offense is more complex than the Bills' offense
- Sean Payton, new workout circuit transforming attitude and determination of Saints
- Sun Belt reveals new conference logo
- Ron English has one rule regarding practice fights
- Tough ticket: The 10 most-expensive games of 2013
- Photo: Michigan State coaches send welcome letter to recent commit