|Written by Josh Kendall|
Posted by: Josh Kendall on January 23, 2013
Willie Taggart is hoping nothing pops up with his South Florida program three days before signing day. Taggart plans to be at the Super Bowl on Feb. 3.
"That's the plan, hopefully I have time," he said Wednesday morning on 98.7 The Fan in Tampa, Fla.
Taggart coached under San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh at Stanford and played for Jack Harbaugh, father of Jim and Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh.
"I am (rooting) for Coach Harbaugh," Taggart said.
Taggart praised both Coach Harbaughs, particularly for making tough decisions during the season. John replaced his offensive coordinator, and Jim replaced his quarterback on the way to the Super Bowl. Taggart took a lesson from those decisions, he said.
"That's what makes them a great head coach that they don't care what others think about them," he said. "They hired you to be the head coach and make those decisions no matter if they are the ones everyone wanted or not."
Taggart also talked about his own philosophy in putting together his coaching staff.
"It's my job to put together a great staff with great chemistry because without that it's not going to work no matter how much you know. Everybody that we have brought in brings something special to our staff," he said. "It's a great mixture of older and younger guys, which is something I really wanted in our program. Some of the younger guys can learn a lot from some the more experienced guys. I'm excited where we are at and where we're going to go."
Josh Kendall is a staff writer for CoachingSearch.com and has covered the SEC for more than 15 years for papers such as the Athens Banner-Herald, Macon Telegraph, and The State. He’s the father of two boys who he’s hoping don’t inherit his wide receiver frame and offensive guard feet. Follow @EyeOnCoaches on twitter and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sean Payton, new workout circuit transforming attitude and determination of Saints
- Sun Belt reveals new conference logo
- Ron English has one rule regarding practice fights
- Tough ticket: The 10 most-expensive games of 2013
- Photo: Michigan State coaches send welcome letter to recent commit
- Steve Sarkisian: 'It has taken a long time to recruit'
- Troy Calhoun describes his tough recruiting pitch at Air Force
- College football study: Which teams play the most snaps per game?
- Photo: Nick Saban looks at his Alabama Sports Hall of Fame display
- Graphic: Wyoming sells MWC's record in BCS games