|Written by Chris Vannini|
Posted by: Chris Vannini on January 24, 2013
Not many people switch sides in the Miami-Florida State rivalry.
But that's the case for James Coley, Florida State's offensive coordinator, who will be taking the same position with the Hurricanes.
"We're excited about adding James Coley's leadership, expertise and passion to our staff and Miami Hurricane Football," Al Golden said in a statement published by The Miami Herald. "I've been an admirer of his offenses output and execution, his commitment to student-athlete development as well as his relentless approach to recruiting Dade and Broward counties.
"Coach Coley will be a great asset to the University of Miami and we welcome him, his wife Kenia and their two children back to South Florida."
Coley was born in Miami and graduated from FSU.
He made $390,000 per year at FSU, but head coach Jimbo Fisher calls the offensive plays. Miami reportedly offered $500,000 and the opportunity to call plays. The Herald reports FSU matched the monetary offer, but Fisher would continue to call plays.
He has been praised as one of the top recruiters in the country, with many ties in South Florida. Now, he can sell staying close to home to those kids._______________
Chris Vannini is the lead writer for CoachingSearch.com and has covered Michigan State sports for The State News, The Oakland Press and MLive.com. He writes a weekly column for the Detroit Free Press on behalf of SB Nation. Vannini lives in Big Ten country, so his foot speed is far from SEC caliber, but his pulse on coaches is hard to match. Be sure to follow @CoachingBuzz on twitter and send your feedback to email@example.com
- Video: Florida features 'The Stare' in new ticket promo
- Temple OC Marcus Satterfield leads "Too Hype"
- Study: Pac-12 tempo on the rise with new coaches
- Video: Gary Andersen grills burgers at Culver's
- Graphic: Alabama's 1st-round draft picks under Saban
- MWC commissioner: I don't think playoff will stay at 4 teams
- Late Spring All-Unemployed Coaches' Team
- Hugh Freeze: 'The only thing we have equal with Alabama is...'
- Is this a new Eastern Michigan helmet?
- Herb Hand lets Butch Jones know about hateful tweets