|Written by Chris Vannini|
Posted by: Chris Vannini on January 31, 2013
We've seen live webcams and fax machine girls, but Arizona may have a first for National Signing Day.
The Wildcat football program will have a Google+ Hangout on Wednesday, along with providing live updates on Facebook, Twitter and the school's official athletic site.
The Google+ Hangout is a live video chat allowing up to nine participants. It will include live coverage of the National Letters of Intent as they come into the football offices. Fans will have the opportunity to ask questions through Google+, Facebook and Twitter with the hashtag #AZOKGDay. It's unclear who will be answering the questions.
The Hangout will begin at 7 a.m. ET (5 a.m. local time) and will last for about six hours. At halftime of the basketball game that night, the school will show Signing Day highlights and introduce the 2013 class.
In the old days, there would be a press release sent to the media at the end of the day after all the letters came in. In recent years, teams have put out live updates through Twitter or put a camera on the fax machine for fans to watch. Now, it's getting interactive.
It may seem like much, but the fans love it. With how much work from coaches goes into getting to Signing Day, they're starting to get more and more recognized for it.
Chris Vannini is the lead writer for CoachingSearch.com and has covered Michigan State sports for The State News, The Oakland Press and MLive.com. He writes a weekly column for the Detroit Free Press on behalf of SB Nation. Vannini lives in Big Ten country, so his foot speed is far from SEC caliber, but his pulse on coaches is hard to match. Be sure to follow @CoachingBuzz on twitter and send your feedback to email@example.com
- Video: Gary Andersen grills burgers at Culver's
- Graphic: Alabama's 1st-round draft picks under Saban
- MWC commissioner: I don't think playoff will stay at 4 teams
- Late Spring All-Unemployed Coaches' Team
- Hugh Freeze: 'The only thing we have equal with Alabama is...'
- Is this a new Eastern Michigan helmet?
- Herb Hand lets Butch Jones know about hateful tweets
- Andre Ware unloads on Mike Gundy
- Chart: Big Ten assistant salaries by position
- Kirk Ferentz describes his one moment of doubt