|Written by Chris Vannini|
Posted by: Chris Vannini on January 31, 2013
Alabama coaches sure aren't showing up to recruiting visits in a minivan.
But that's what Cal wide receivers / assistant head coach Rob Likens had to do on a trip to Compton earlier this week.
De'Anthony Thomas, "the Black Mamba", the last great player out of Compton ain't signing with someone pulling up in a minivan.
But sometimes, coaches are at the mercy of the rental car company.
Chris Vannini is the lead writer for CoachingSearch.com and has covered Michigan State sports for The State News, The Oakland Press and MLive.com. He writes a weekly column for the Detroit Free Press on behalf of SB Nation. Vannini lives in Big Ten country, so his foot speed is far from SEC caliber, but his pulse on coaches is hard to match. Be sure to follow @CoachingBuzz on twitter and send your feedback to email@example.com
- Al Borges: 'People don't understand the value of a failed play'
- College football off-season studies
- Michigan State AD: Hiring Dantonio was 'scientific' not just 'I like that guy'
- 100 days until college football
- South Carolina football nails season-ticket promo
- Clemson releases hype video 100 days from opener
- Ed Cunningham: I would have trashed that coach on social media
- Dan Mullen: I'm more worried about winning than the number of games
- 100 days out: Butch Jones delivers video message to the Vol nation
- Oklahoma schools partner for tornado recovery shirt