Posted by: Pete Roussel on February 11, 2013
Arizona football will have a different feel in 2013.
The Lowell-Stevens Football Facility will connect the east and west concourses on the north side of Arizona Stadium. It will include 5,000 upgraded seats, an exclusive indoor club with 600 outdoor seats, and will house football operations internally. Club highlights include, box seats for 2-6 people, flat screen monitors, comfortable chairs, and access to a climate controlled hospitality area including a full kitchen and bar.
The project is on track for completion by July. (You can see an updated time-lapse video below)
In addition, FieldTurf will be added to the stadium.
Over the weekend, Arizona athletics director Greg Byrne tweeted:
2013 Arizona Schedule
Pete Roussel is a valuable resource for coaches, athletic directors, NFL front-office personnel, and college football enthusiasts. A former college football coach, Roussel shares insight on coaches 365 days a year and is recognized as the most trusted expert on coaching transactions. Follow @CoachingSearch on twitter and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finebaum: Johnny Manziel is trending towards becoming a punch line
- Does an experienced offensive line lead to success?
- Paul Johnson counting on Ted Roof
- Photo: UCLA says it is 'Linebacker U'
- Mike Zimmer on Hard Knocks: 'Sometimes I'm portrayed as a lunatic'
- Ellis Johnson explains why he's not concerned about the effect of Malzahn's tempo
- Mike Smith: We won't talk about being 10 yards short
- Larry Fedora: 'It's one of the greatest things in college sports'
- Alabama's locker room will have a waterfall
- Despite 6 new assistants, Phil Steele predicts Marshall as the most improved team