Posted by: Pete Roussel on February 13, 2013
CoachingSearch.com has learned that former Jacksonville Jaguars assistant offensive line coach Ron Prince will interview with Sean Payton for the running backs job with the New Orleans Saints.
A source tells CoachingSearch.com that Payton plans on shifting current running backs coach Bret Ingalls to offensive line to fill the void created when Aaron Kromer left for the offensive coordinator position with Chicago.
Prince recently interviewed for the offensive coordinator job at Rutgers. Before serving as the Jaguars' assistant offensive line coach, Prince served two years on the Indianapolis Colts' staff. He is the former head coach at Kansas State.
Kyle Flood, the Rutgers head coach, also interviewed former Virginia running backs coach Mike Faragalli, sources told CoachingSearch.com.
Payton has stated, "I have the mindset this is my first year and I just got hired."
There is no word yet on other candidates in New Orleans.
Stay tuned to the Coaching Search Ticker for the latest coaching transactions.
Pete Roussel is a valuable resource for coaches, athletic directors, NFL front-office personnel, and college football enthusiasts. A former college football coach, Roussel shares insight on coaches 365 days a year and is recognized as the most trusted expert on coaching transactions. Follow @CoachingSearch on twitter and send your feedback to email@example.com
- Troy Calhoun describes his tough recruiting pitch at Air Force
- College football study: Which teams play the most snaps per game?
- Photo: Nick Saban looks at his Alabama Sports Hall of Fame display
- Graphic: Wyoming sells MWC's record in BCS games
- James Franklin on schedule: Things are great, why change?
- Nick Saban on preparing for Manziel: "That's an ongoing process."
- Eastern Michigan offers skydiving with Ron English for fundraising
- Dabo Swinney: 'We're not playing the SEC, we're playing LSU'
- Graphic: Nick Saban's 111 draft picks
- Brady Hoke explains his 'chickening out' comment about Notre Dame