John L. Smith: Smile, or I'm not talking
|Written by Chris Vannini|
Posted by: Chris Vannini on September 17, 2012
It's not often a player's quotes are more noteworthy than John L. Smith.
But following Arkansas 52-0 loss to Alabama, quarterback Tyler Wilson - who didn't play due to a concussion - spoke after the game and said he saw his team give up. On Monday, Smith said he didn't have a problem with Wilson's comments.
"It was good to see him get up and talk. He's the spokesman of our football team," Smith said at his weekly press conference. "I think he's saying nothing more than we all have to be accountable, we all have to go to the field, we all have to get our jobs done. That's something that we talked about as a football team last night. We all have to be accountable. Let's go get it done. Playmakers make plays."
Smith's Monday presser didn't go off without the coach's charm, though.
You can watch Smith's presser right here.
Recent articles on CoachingSearch.com
Chris Vannini is a lead writer for CoachingSearch.com and has covered Michigan State sports for The State News, The Oakland Press and MLive.com. He writes a weekly column for the Detroit Free Press on behalf of SB Nation. Vannini lives in Big Ten country, so his foot speed is far from SEC caliber, but his pulse on coaches is hard to match. Be sure to follow @CoachingBuzz on twitter and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Al Borges: 'People don't understand the value of a failed play'
- College football off-season studies
- Michigan State AD: Hiring Dantonio was 'scientific' not just 'I like that guy'
- 100 days until college football
- South Carolina football nails season-ticket promo
- Clemson releases hype video 100 days from opener
- Ed Cunningham: I would have trashed that coach on social media
- Dan Mullen: I'm more worried about winning than the number of games
- 100 days out: Butch Jones delivers video message to the Vol nation
- Oklahoma schools partner for tornado recovery shirt