Video: Emotional military family reunion at South Carolina
|Written by Chris Vannini|
Posted by: Chris Vannini on October 7, 2012
There are few things more tear-inducing than a military family reunited
South Carolina fans had plenty to cheer about all night as the Gamecocks defeated Georgia 35-7, but the best moment of the night didn't involve any players.
Saturday night, the Faile family was brought on to the field to be honored as the Military Family of the Game. A message from Sgt. Faile played on the video board, and the father said he wished he could be at the game with his family.
He then walked out of the tunnel, as his family raced over to him for an emotional reunion. You have to check out the video below.
Chris Vannini is a lead writer for CoachingSearch.com and has covered Michigan State sports for The State News, The Oakland Press and MLive.com. He writes a weekly column for the Detroit Free Press on behalf of SB Nation. Vannini lives in Big Ten country, so his foot speed is far from SEC caliber, but his pulse on coaches is hard to match. Be sure to follow @CoachingBuzz on twitter and send your feedback to email@example.com
- Al Borges: 'People don't understand the value of a failed play'
- College football off-season studies
- Michigan State AD: Hiring Dantonio was 'scientific' not just 'I like that guy'
- 100 days until college football
- South Carolina football nails season-ticket promo
- Clemson releases hype video 100 days from opener
- Ed Cunningham: I would have trashed that coach on social media
- Dan Mullen: I'm more worried about winning than the number of games
- 100 days out: Butch Jones delivers video message to the Vol nation
- Oklahoma schools partner for tornado recovery shirt