Wyoming head coach Dave Christensen suspended one week
Posted by: Pete Roussel on October 22, 2012
According to the Casper Star Tribune reporter Ben Frederickson, Wyoming head coach Dave Christensen has been suspended one week and will not coach on Saturday against Boise State for his post-game tirade towards Air Force head coach Troy Calhoun.
Offensive line / running backs coach Pete Kaligis will coach in place of Christensen. Kaligis stated today, "The program Christensen has installed is a fine oiled machine. It rolls."
AD Tom Burman was asked if Christensen's job is in jeopardy. He replied, "Not today."
The Cowboys travel to Boise State on Saturday.
Earlier today, Chris Petersen stated that he knows Christensen as a 'mellow guy.'
Hard to say there's anything mellow about this: (Warning: explicit language)
Pete Roussel is a valuable resource for coaches, athletic directors, NFL front-office personnel, and college football enthusiasts. A former college football coach, Roussel shares insight on coaches 365 days a year and is recognized as the most trusted expert on coaching transactions. Follow @CoachingSearch on twitter and send your feedback to email@example.com
- Video: Florida features 'The Stare' in new ticket promo
- Temple OC Marcus Satterfield leads "Too Hype"
- Study: Pac-12 tempo on the rise with new coaches
- Video: Gary Andersen grills burgers at Culver's
- Graphic: Alabama's 1st-round draft picks under Saban
- MWC commissioner: I don't think playoff will stay at 4 teams
- Late Spring All-Unemployed Coaches' Team
- Hugh Freeze: 'The only thing we have equal with Alabama is...'
- Is this a new Eastern Michigan helmet?
- Herb Hand lets Butch Jones know about hateful tweets