Jerry Kill gets his head shaved for cancer research
|Written by Chris Vannini|
Posted by: Chris Vannini on October 30, 2012
Jerry Kill isn't going to miss a chance to make an impact.
On Monday, more than 100 people involved with Minnesota athletics shaved their heads at an event to raise money and awareness for pediatric cancer research. Student-athletes, coaches and support staff were among the participants.
Kill himself is a survivor of kidney cancer, so you knew he would be involved. The Gopher football Twitter account posted a photo of Kill getting ready to have his head shaved. Below also is a video of the event.
You can donate to Gophers Clip Cancer by clicking here.
Recent Articles on CoachingSearch.com
Chris Vannini is the lead writer for CoachingSearch.com and has covered Michigan State sports for The State News, The Oakland Press and MLive.com. He writes a weekly column for the Detroit Free Press on behalf of SB Nation. Vannini lives in Big Ten country, so his foot speed is far from SEC caliber, but his pulse on coaches is hard to match. Be sure to follow @CoachingBuzz on twitter and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Study: Pac-12 tempo on the rise with new coaches
- Video: Gary Andersen grills burgers at Culver's
- Graphic: Alabama's 1st-round draft picks under Saban
- MWC commissioner: I don't think playoff will stay at 4 teams
- Late Spring All-Unemployed Coaches' Team
- Hugh Freeze: 'The only thing we have equal with Alabama is...'
- Is this a new Eastern Michigan helmet?
- Herb Hand lets Butch Jones know about hateful tweets
- Andre Ware unloads on Mike Gundy
- Chart: Big Ten assistant salaries by position