Joker Phillips addresses job status after falling to 1-9
|Written by Pete Roussel|
Posted by: Pete Roussel on November 3, 2012
Joker Phillips addressed his job status following Saturday's 40-0 loss to Vanderbilt.
According to the Courier-Journal, Phillips said, "We've got a lot of young kids in this program, but that's not for me to decide."
Athletic director Mitch Barnhart said, "We're making it real tough on him."
At 1-9 on the season, with remaining games against Samford and Tennessee, Phillips said, "I understand this is a results business." He alluded to the fact the he knows he's making it hard for the Kentucky administration to keep him around for another year.
Be sure to stay tuned to the Coaching Search Ticker for all the latest transactions.
Pete Roussel is a valuable resource for coaches, athletic directors, NFL front-office personnel, and college football enthusiasts. A former college football coach, Roussel shares insight on coaches 365 days a year and is recognized as the most trusted expert on coaching transactions. Follow @CoachingSearch on twitter and send your feedback to email@example.com
- Al Borges: 'People don't understand the value of a failed play'
- College football off-season studies
- Michigan State AD: Hiring Dantonio was 'scientific' not just 'I like that guy'
- 100 days until college football
- South Carolina football nails season-ticket promo
- Clemson releases hype video 100 days from opener
- Ed Cunningham: I would have trashed that coach on social media
- Dan Mullen: I'm more worried about winning than the number of games
- 100 days out: Butch Jones delivers video message to the Vol nation
- Oklahoma schools partner for tornado recovery shirt