Campbell University making head coaching change
|Written by Chris Vannini|
Posted by: Chris Vannini on November 5, 2012
Sources tell CoachingSearch.com that Dale Steele will not return as head coach at Campbell University (N.C.).
Steele has been the coach at Campbell since the school restarted its program in 2008. After a 1-10 debut, the Fighting Camels went 3-8 in 2009 and 2010 and improved to 6-5 in 2011. But they're just 1-8 this season.
Campbell athletic director Bob Roller is in his second year at the helm, having come from the same role at Samford University. With a foundation set by Steele, Roller will bring in his own choice for the next coach.
The 57-year-old Steele has been coaching college football for more than 30 years, with stops at Ball State, Wisconsin, Tulane, Wichita State, Kansas State, East Carolina, Baylor, East Tennessee State and Elon.
He spent two years building the Campbell program in 2006 and 2007 before it was ready for competition in 2008.
The Fighting Camels have two games remaining this season.
Stay tuned to the Coaching Search Ticker for more information on the Campbell coaching search, as well as other moves.
Recent Articles on CoachingSearch.com
Chris Vannini is the lead writer for CoachingSearch.com and has covered Michigan State sports for The State News, The Oakland Press and MLive.com. He writes a weekly column for the Detroit Free Press on behalf of SB Nation. Vannini lives in Big Ten country, so his foot speed is far from SEC caliber, but his pulse on coaches is hard to match. Be sure to follow @CoachingBuzz on twitter and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 100 days until college football
- South Carolina football nails season-ticket promo
- Clemson releases hype video 100 days from opener
- Ed Cunningham: I would have trashed that coach on social media
- Dan Mullen: I'm more worried about winning than the number of games
- 100 days out: Butch Jones delivers video message to the Vol nation
- Oklahoma schools partner for tornado recovery shirt
- Indiana posts teaser video for… something
- Ron Jaworski: I don't think Chip Kelly's offense will work in the NFL
- Photo: Northwestern's Gator Bowl championship ring