Breaking: Paul Petrino accepts the Idaho head coaching job
Posted by: Pete Roussel on December 2, 2012
Sources have informed CoachingSearch.com that Arkansas offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach Paul Petrino will be named head coach at Idaho.
During his coaching career, Petrino has held positions with Carroll College, Louisville, Idaho, Southern Miss, Utah State, the Atlanta Falcons, Illinois, and Arkansas.
Petrino will replace Robb Akey, who was dismissed during his sixth season leading the Vandals.
Idaho opens the 2013 season at North Texas. The Vandals then play at Wyoming, Northern Illinois, and at Washington State.
Pete Roussel is a valuable resource for coaches, athletic directors, NFL front-office personnel, and college football enthusiasts. A former college football coach, Roussel shares insight on coaches 365 days a year and is recognized as the most trusted expert on coaching transactions. Follow @CoachingSearch on twitter and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- NCAA grants waiver to Ole Miss assistant to monitor throwing mechanics of injured QB
- Finebaum: Johnny Manziel is trending towards becoming a punch line
- Does an experienced offensive line lead to success?
- Paul Johnson counting on Ted Roof
- Photo: UCLA says it is 'Linebacker U'
- Mike Zimmer on Hard Knocks: 'Sometimes I'm portrayed as a lunatic'
- Ellis Johnson explains why he's not concerned about the effect of Malzahn's tempo
- Mike Smith: We won't talk about being 10 yards short
- Larry Fedora: 'It's one of the greatest things in college sports'
- Alabama's locker room will have a waterfall