Flashback: 2008 commercial illustrates changes
|Written by Chris Vannini|
Posted by: Chris Vannini on December 5, 2012
Do you remember what job you had in 2008?
Back then, the Big Ten Network debuted the below commercial as the network went into its second season
It features the conference's 11 coaches (they only had 11 back then) giving a fake recruiting pitch to the viewer. How many of these coaches are still at that job? Not many. It certainly illustrates the career of a coach, and how often moves are made.
Chris Vannini is the lead writer for CoachingSearch.com and has covered Michigan State sports for The State News, The Oakland Press and MLive.com. He writes a weekly column for the Detroit Free Press on behalf of SB Nation. Vannini lives in Big Ten country, so his foot speed is far from SEC caliber, but his pulse on coaches is hard to match. Be sure to follow @CoachingBuzz on twitter and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Al Borges: 'People don't understand the value of a failed play'
- College football off-season studies
- Michigan State AD: Hiring Dantonio was 'scientific' not just 'I like that guy'
- 100 days until college football
- South Carolina football nails season-ticket promo
- Clemson releases hype video 100 days from opener
- Ed Cunningham: I would have trashed that coach on social media
- Dan Mullen: I'm more worried about winning than the number of games
- 100 days out: Butch Jones delivers video message to the Vol nation
- Oklahoma schools partner for tornado recovery shirt