Bret Bielema responds to haters on Twitter
|Written by Chris Vannini|
Posted by: Chris Vannini on January 9, 2013
Many coaches don't actually run their Twitter handle. Some just provide updates or motivational quotes.
Then there's Bret Bielema.
Bielema had mostly used his account for providing updates on the Badgers. But after Wisconsin reached the Big Ten Championship Game with a 7-5 record, Bielema started to interact with some of the vitriol that is often on Twitter.
That has picked up since Bielema took the Arkansas job. Here are some of Bielema's responses since heading to Fayetteville. You should probably be following him on Twitter. (Note: 1-0 is one of Bielema's mottos about focusing on the next task).
Chris Vannini is the lead writer for CoachingSearch.com and has covered Michigan State sports for The State News, The Oakland Press and MLive.com. He writes a weekly column for the Detroit Free Press on behalf of SB Nation. Vannini lives in Big Ten country, so his foot speed is far from SEC caliber, but his pulse on coaches is hard to match. Be sure to follow @CoachingBuzz on twitter and send your feedback to email@example.com
- Sun Belt reveals new conference logo
- Ron English has one rule regarding practice fights
- Tough ticket: The 10 most-expensive games of 2013
- Photo: Michigan State coaches send welcome letter to recent commit
- Steve Sarkisian: 'It has taken a long time to recruit'
- Troy Calhoun describes his tough recruiting pitch at Air Force
- College football study: Which teams play the most snaps per game?
- Photo: Nick Saban looks at his Alabama Sports Hall of Fame display
- Graphic: Wyoming sells MWC's record in BCS games
- James Franklin on schedule: Things are great, why change?