Rob Likens gets stuck with a minivan
|Written by Chris Vannini|
Posted by: Chris Vannini on January 31, 2013
Alabama coaches sure aren't showing up to recruiting visits in a minivan.
But that's what Cal wide receivers / assistant head coach Rob Likens had to do on a trip to Compton earlier this week.
De'Anthony Thomas, "the Black Mamba", the last great player out of Compton ain't signing with someone pulling up in a minivan.
But sometimes, coaches are at the mercy of the rental car company.
Chris Vannini is the lead writer for CoachingSearch.com and has covered Michigan State sports for The State News, The Oakland Press and MLive.com. He writes a weekly column for the Detroit Free Press on behalf of SB Nation. Vannini lives in Big Ten country, so his foot speed is far from SEC caliber, but his pulse on coaches is hard to match. Be sure to follow @CoachingBuzz on twitter and send your feedback to email@example.com
- Photo: Jaguars release rendering of stadium enhancement
- Twitter code words are the latest social media trend
- Tom Herman hopes to use Dana Holgorsen's diamond formation
- Brady Hoke: The SEC isn't the only conference with good football
- Does Erik Spoelstra feel lucky to have a Game 7?
- Scott Frost: When Chip Kelly left, this team could have run itself
- Al Golden: 'There are great days ahead'
- NCAA grants waiver to Ole Miss assistant to monitor throwing mechanics of injured QB
- Finebaum: Johnny Manziel is trending towards becoming a punch line
- Does an experienced offensive line lead to success?