Video: James Franklin goes nuts after recruit picks Vandy
|Written by Chris Vannini|
Posted by: Chris Vannini on February 6, 2013
The momentum continues for Vanderbilt football.
Jordan Cunningham, a 4-star recruit in the composite rankings, had education very high on his list of priorities. As a result, Vanderbilt and Stanford were among his final choices.
He chose the Commodores, leading to a huge celebration in Vandy's war room.
Check out the video below. Note the number of people swaying side to side with nervousness leading up to the announcement, while James Franklin is focused in his chair. But once Cunningham decided, Franklin was quite fired up.
Chris Vannini is the lead writer for CoachingSearch.com and has covered Michigan State sports for The State News, The Oakland Press and MLive.com. He writes a weekly column for the Detroit Free Press on behalf of SB Nation. Vannini lives in Big Ten country, so his foot speed is far from SEC caliber, but his pulse on coaches is hard to match. Be sure to follow @CoachingBuzz on twitter and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- NCAA grants waiver to Ole Miss assistant to monitor throwing mechanics of injured QB
- Finebaum: Johnny Manziel is trending towards becoming a punch line
- Does an experienced offensive line lead to success?
- Paul Johnson counting on Ted Roof
- Photo: UCLA says it is 'Linebacker U'
- Mike Zimmer on Hard Knocks: 'Sometimes I'm portrayed as a lunatic'
- Ellis Johnson explains why he's not concerned about the effect of Malzahn's tempo
- Mike Smith: We won't talk about being 10 yards short
- Larry Fedora: 'It's one of the greatest things in college sports'
- Alabama's locker room will have a waterfall