Steve Addazio adds Kevin Lempa to Boston College staff
Posted by: Pete Roussel on February 7, 2013
Sources have informed CoachingSearch.com that Columbia University defensive coordinator / defensive backs coach Kevin Lempa will join the Boston College staff.
Lempa spent one year at Columbia, where he coached under Pete Mangurian. He previously served as the defensive coordinator at Central Connecticut State. Before that, Lempa coached at Maryland under Randy Edsall for four season.
This will be his third stint at Boston College, having coached the Eagles defensive backs from 2003-2006. He was also an assistant during the Jack Bicknell era.
Lempa will either coach the linebackers or defensive backs.
Steve Addazio's staff at Boston College includes Ryan Day (offensive coordinator), Frank Leonard (tight ends), Don Brown (defensive coordinator), Justin Frye (offensive line), Ben Albert (defensive line), Todd Fitch (wide receivers), Al Washington (running backs).
The Addazio Era will kick-off against Stony Brook on August 31, 2013. In week three, the Eagles travel to Los Angeles to play USC. This week, Boston College added a road game at New Mexico State for early November.
Pete Roussel is a valuable resource for coaches, athletic directors, NFL front-office personnel, and college football enthusiasts. A former college football coach, Roussel shares insight on coaches 365 days a year and is recognized as the most trusted expert on coaching transactions. Follow @CoachingSearch on twitter and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photo: Jaguars release rendering of stadium enhancement
- Twitter code words are the latest social media trend
- Tom Herman hopes to use Dana Holgorsen's diamond formation
- Brady Hoke: The SEC isn't the only conference with good football
- Does Erik Spoelstra feel lucky to have a Game 7?
- Scott Frost: When Chip Kelly left, this team could have run itself
- Al Golden: 'There are great days ahead'
- NCAA grants waiver to Ole Miss assistant to monitor throwing mechanics of injured QB
- Finebaum: Johnny Manziel is trending towards becoming a punch line
- Does an experienced offensive line lead to success?