Chip Kelly hires John Lovett
Posted by: Pete Roussel on Friday February 8, 2013
Sources have informed CoachingSearch.com that Cincinnati Bearcats defensive backs coach John Lovett has accepted a position on Chip Kelly's staff in Philadelphia.
Lovett coached the defensive backs at Texas Tech in 2012. When Tommy Tuberville landed the head coaching job at Cincinnati, Lovett followed.
Lovett has recently coached with the Hartford Colonials (UFL). He was the defensive coordinator under Randy Shannon at Miami (FL) and worked for Butch Davis at North Carolina.
More to come...
Pete Roussel is a valuable resource for coaches, athletic directors, NFL front-office personnel, and college football enthusiasts. A former college football coach, Roussel shares insight on coaches 365 days a year and is recognized as the most trusted expert on coaching transactions. Follow @CoachingSearch on twitter and send your feedback to email@example.com
- NCAA grants waiver to Ole Miss assistant to monitor throwing mechanics of injured QB
- Finebaum: Johnny Manziel is trending towards becoming a punch line
- Does an experienced offensive line lead to success?
- Paul Johnson counting on Ted Roof
- Photo: UCLA says it is 'Linebacker U'
- Mike Zimmer on Hard Knocks: 'Sometimes I'm portrayed as a lunatic'
- Ellis Johnson explains why he's not concerned about the effect of Malzahn's tempo
- Mike Smith: We won't talk about being 10 yards short
- Larry Fedora: 'It's one of the greatest things in college sports'
- Alabama's locker room will have a waterfall