Tommie Robinson set to join Utah State staff
|Written by Pete Roussel|
Posted by: Pete Roussel on February 11, 2013
Sources have informed CoachingSearch.com that Utah State head coach Matt Wells will hire former Arizona Cardinals running backs coach Tommie Robinson.
The hire leaves Well with just one position (defensive coordinator) to fill on his staff.
Robinson will serve as the running backs / special teams coordinator. Before joining Ken Whisenhunt's staff in Arizona, Robinson served as the running backs at Miami (FL). He previously coached at Memphis, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma State, Dallas Cowboys, UNLV, and TCU.
From 1992-1993, Robinson coached the running backs at Utah State. At that time, he was involved in the recruiting process that brought Matt Wells to Utah State as a player.
Utah State opens the 2013 season at Utah. The Aggies host Weber State in week #3 before travel to Los Angeles to play USC the next week.
The new coaching staff at Utah State includes Frank Maile (defensive line), Kenrick Shaver (corners), Jovon Bouknight (wide receivers), Kevin Klune (defensive line), Kevin McGiven (offensive coordinator), Mark Weber (offensive line / assistant head coach), Luke Wells (co-offensive coordinator / tight ends / recruiting coordinator), and Tommie Robinson (running backs / special teams coordinator).
Update: Hang tight on Robinson to Utah State. I am now told another organization is pursuing Robinson as of this morning.
Pete Roussel is a valuable resource for coaches, athletic directors, NFL front-office personnel, and college football enthusiasts. A former college football coach, Roussel shares insight on coaches 365 days a year and is recognized as the most trusted expert on coaching transactions. Follow @CoachingSearch on twitter and send your feedback to email@example.com
- Brady Hoke: The SEC isn't the only conference with good football
- Does Erik Spoelstra feel lucky to have a Game 7?
- Scott Frost: When Chip Kelly left, this team could have run itself
- Al Golden: 'There are great days ahead'
- NCAA grants waiver to Ole Miss assistant to monitor throwing mechanics of injured QB
- Finebaum: Johnny Manziel is trending towards becoming a punch line
- Does an experienced offensive line lead to success?
- Paul Johnson counting on Ted Roof
- Photo: UCLA says it is 'Linebacker U'
- Mike Zimmer on Hard Knocks: 'Sometimes I'm portrayed as a lunatic'