Bret Bielema thankful for being able to keep assistants
|Written by Chris Vannini|
Posted by: Chris Vannini on February 11, 2013
It's no secret that assistant coaching salaries was a big reason Bret Bielema left for Arkansas.
Bielema's final season in Madison took place with six new assistants after Paul Chryst left for Pitt and took a number of them with him.
So Bielema was sure to display his appreciation for Arkansas when some others came calling for assistants on his first staff with the Razorbacks.
"Can't say THANK YOU enough to UA administration & support to keep our staff together when others come calling to hire away.
There were reports of Arkansas offensive line coach Sam Pittman being contacted by Alabama, but it appears Pittman will be staying in Fayetteville.
Chris Vannini is the lead writer for CoachingSearch.com and has covered Michigan State sports for The State News, The Oakland Press and MLive.com. He writes a weekly column for the Detroit Free Press on behalf of SB Nation. Vannini lives in Big Ten country, so his foot speed is far from SEC caliber, but his pulse on coaches is hard to match. Be sure to follow @CoachingBuzz on twitter and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- BYU begins building anticipation with an 'All Touchdowns' video
- Todd Monken: People thought a new staff meant the problem was solved
- Rich Rodriguez, Wildcats close to utilizing brand new facility
- Nick Saban: 'I give myself a vacation, but...'
- Al Golden: We're building this to last
- CBS announces SEC double-header dates. Here are the game options.
- The 8 most entertaining college football assistant coaches on twitter
- Videos: Florida State championship rings renderings
- Les Miles explains why he wants to stick with 8 SEC games
- 'Come to Wyoming, Old Sport!'