Jim Bollman to join staff at Michigan State
|Written by Chris Vannini|
Posted by: Chris Vannini on February 27, 2013
Jim Bollman is leaving Purdue without having coached a game there.
Sources tell CoachingSearch.com that the Purdue offensive line coach will join the staff at Michigan State.
Bollman has plenty of ties to Mark Dantonio, as the two worked together at Ohio State in the early 2000s. Dantonio was the defensive coordinator on the 2002 national championship team, while Bollman was the offensive coordinator and offensive line coach. The pair also worked together at Michigan State in the mid 1990s and under Jim Tressel at Youngtown State in the late 1980s.
Bollman spent 2012 as the offensive line coach / running game coordinator at Boston College.
The Spartans had an opening on the offensive side as offensive coordinator Dan Roushar accepted the running backs job with the New Orleans Saints. It's unclear right now if Bollman will be the offensive coordinator.
Make sure you stay tuned to the Coaching Search Ticker for the latest.
Chris Vannini is the lead writer for CoachingSearch.com and has covered Michigan State sports for The State News, The Oakland Press and MLive.com. He writes a weekly column for the Detroit Free Press on behalf of SB Nation. Vannini lives in Big Ten country, so his foot speed is far from SEC caliber, but his pulse on coaches is hard to match. Be sure to follow @CoachingBuzz on twitter and send your feedback to email@example.com
- Photo: Michigan State coaches send welcome letter to recent commit
- Steve Sarkisian: 'It has taken a long time to recruit'
- Troy Calhoun describes his tough recruiting pitch at Air Force
- College football study: Which teams play the most snaps per game?
- Photo: Nick Saban looks at his Alabama Sports Hall of Fame display
- Graphic: Wyoming sells MWC's record in BCS games
- James Franklin on schedule: Things are great, why change?
- Nick Saban on preparing for Manziel: "That's an ongoing process."
- Eastern Michigan offers skydiving with Ron English for fundraising
- Dabo Swinney: 'We're not playing the SEC, we're playing LSU'