5 finalists announced for Athletic Director of the Year
Posted by: Pete Roussel on February 25, 2013
Five finalists have been announced for the Sports Business Awards' athletic director of the year.
The finalists include Mike Holder (Oklahoma State University), Tom Jurich (University of Louisville), Mal Moore (University of Alabama), Tim Pernetti (Rutgers University), and Jim Phillips (Northwestern University).
The winner will be announced on May 22 at the New York Marriott Marquis at Times Square.
The athletic director of the year award is judged solely by the editorial staffs of SportsBusiness Journal/Daily.
This is an excellent group of athletic directors. Each candidate deserves recognition for their leadership, but no athletic director may be more appreciated for his leadership over the past year than Ole Miss athletic director Ross Bjork.
Pete Roussel is a valuable resource for coaches, athletic directors, NFL front-office personnel, and college football enthusiasts. A former college football coach, Roussel shares insight on coaches 365 days a year and is recognized as the most trusted expert on coaching transactions. Follow @CoachingSearch on twitter and send your feedback to email@example.com
- Herb Hand lets Butch Jones know about hateful tweets
- Andre Ware unloads on Mike Gundy
- Chart: Big Ten assistant salaries by position
- Kirk Ferentz describes his one moment of doubt
- Is an ACC Network on its way?
- Predicting ESPN College GameDay locations for 2013
- Mark Richt: 'We have to start the year in mid-season form'
- Photo: Wyoming football is looking to be 'Fast N Furious'
- EJ Manuel: Jimbo's offense is more complex than the Bills' offense
- Sean Payton, new workout circuit transforming attitude and determination of Saints