Why is Charlie Weis upset on Twitter?
|Written by Chris Vannini|
Posted by: Chris Vannini on February 25, 2013
Charlie Weis doesn't tweet too often.
Usually it's once or twice a day, sometimes he takes a few days off. But a tweet Monday raised some eyebrows.
"It's amazing to me the lack of intellect some people display responding to an obvious sarcastic response," Weis tweeted.
What could he be referring to? It's not totally clear.
Before Monday, Weis hadn't tweeted since Feb. 21, when he sent out, "Another easy win! Awesome! Congrats! Get home safely!" The day before, the Kansas men's basketball team pulled out a 68-67 double-overtime win at Oklahoma State.
Is that the sarcasm Weis is referring to? He drew a lot of responses from fans of other schools, and it appears he was not fond of them.
Either way, the lack of sarcastic punctuation marks in our language continues to be a problem.
Chris Vannini is the lead writer for CoachingSearch.com and has covered Michigan State sports for The State News, The Oakland Press and MLive.com. He writes a weekly column for the Detroit Free Press on behalf of SB Nation. Vannini lives in Big Ten country, so his foot speed is far from SEC caliber, but his pulse on coaches is hard to match. Be sure to follow @CoachingBuzz on twitter and send your feedback to email@example.com
- Sean Payton, new workout circuit transforming attitude and determination of Saints
- Sun Belt reveals new conference logo
- Ron English has one rule regarding practice fights
- Tough ticket: The 10 most-expensive games of 2013
- Photo: Michigan State coaches send welcome letter to recent commit
- Steve Sarkisian: 'It has taken a long time to recruit'
- Troy Calhoun describes his tough recruiting pitch at Air Force
- College football study: Which teams play the most snaps per game?
- Photo: Nick Saban looks at his Alabama Sports Hall of Fame display
- Graphic: Wyoming sells MWC's record in BCS games