Is Chris Petersen involved in the Arkansas coaching search?
Posted by: Pete Roussel on November 23, 2012
While Arkansas is finishing their season today in Fayetteville against LSU, a person affiliated with Razorbackers.com has tweeted that Arkansas recruits have been informed that Boise State head coach Chris Petersen will be the next head coach of the Razorbacks.
No other reports have surfaced connecting Petersen and Arkansas. It should be noted that Razorbackers.com is not a well-known site.
Per Chris Petersen's contract, the Boise State head coach must provide written (or e-mail) notice at least 24 hours before interviewing for a coaching job at another college or with an NFL organization.
Peterson's buyout is $750,000.
The contract also states that if Petersen leaves Boise State, he must do so after the end of the season, including a Boise State bowl game.
Boise State is 9-2 and plays at Nevada on Saturday.
ESPN reporters Mark Schlabach and Brad Edwards both predict Boise State will play in the Las Vegas Bowl on December 22.
CBS reporter Bruce Feldman believes the only jobs that would attract Petersen are Oregon and Cal. Earlier this week, Cal athletic director Sandy Barbour spelled out what she is looking for in the next head coach in Berkely.
Peterson (48) has been the head coach at Boise State since 2006.
Update: I have confirmed that recruits on campus today were not informed of anything about a new head coach.
Recent articles on CoachingSearch.com
Pete Roussel is a valuable resource for coaches, athletic directors, NFL front-office personnel, and college football enthusiasts. A former college football coach, Roussel shares insight on coaches 365 days a year and is recognized as the most trusted expert on coaching transactions. Follow @CoachingSearch on twitter and send your feedback to email@example.com
- Al Borges: 'People don't understand the value of a failed play'
- College football off-season studies
- Michigan State AD: Hiring Dantonio was 'scientific' not just 'I like that guy'
- 100 days until college football
- South Carolina football nails season-ticket promo
- Clemson releases hype video 100 days from opener
- Ed Cunningham: I would have trashed that coach on social media
- Dan Mullen: I'm more worried about winning than the number of games
- 100 days out: Butch Jones delivers video message to the Vol nation
- Oklahoma schools partner for tornado recovery shirt