Breaking: UTEP hires Sean Kugler as head coach; Jeff Choate to join staff
Posted by: Pete Roussel on December 8, 2012
Sources have informed CoachingSearch.com that Pittsburgh Steelers offensive line coach Sean Kugler has accepted the head coaching job at UTEP.
Early Friday evening, we first reported that Kugler had indeed interviewed for the job and was the frontrunner. On Saturday morning, Kugler accepted the position.
Additionally, CoachingSearch.com has learned that Washington State linebackers coach Jeff Choate will be named defensive coordinator at UTEP.
Stay tuned to the Coaching Search Ticker for more information.
Pete Roussel is a valuable resource for coaches, athletic directors, NFL front-office personnel, and college football enthusiasts. A former college football coach, Roussel shares insight on coaches 365 days a year and is recognized as the most trusted expert on coaching transactions. Follow @CoachingSearch on twitter and send your feedback to email@example.com
- 100 days out: Butch Jones delivers video message to the Vol nation
- Oklahoma schools partner for tornado recovery shirt
- Indiana posts teaser video for… something
- Ron Jaworski: I don't think Chip Kelly's offense will work in the NFL
- Photo: Northwestern's Gator Bowl championship ring
- Bill O'Brien explains motivation for Penn State football in 2013
- BYU begins building anticipation with an 'All Touchdowns' video
- Todd Monken: People thought a new staff meant the problem was solved
- Rich Rodriguez, Wildcats close to utilizing brand new facility
- Nick Saban: 'I give myself a vacation, but...'