Tim Brewster stirring it up as signing day approaches, Kiffin responds
Posted by: Pete Roussel on Sunday January 20, 2013
Mississippi State wide receivers coach Tim Brewster caused quite a stir late Sunday night in the state of Mississippi.
Brewster, who is in his first year on Dan Mullen's staff, tweeted a message indicating that Ole Miss defensive line coach Chris Kiffin would soon join the Dallas Cowboys' staff.
With national signing day approaching, Brewster's motive seemingly was to create doubt in the minds of certain recruits.
Kiffin has recently received praise for his remarkable job on the recruiting trail for the Rebels.
Ole Miss fans, however, didn't take the bait.
And Chris Kiffin himself immediately caught news of Brewster's tweet and set the record straight that he won't be joining the Dallas staff alongside his father, Monte.
Pete Roussel is a valuable resource for coaches, athletic directors, NFL front-office personnel, and college football enthusiasts. A former college football coach, Roussel shares insight on coaches 365 days a year and is recognized as the most trusted expert on coaching transactions. Follow @CoachingSearch on twitter and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michigan State AD: Hiring Dantonio was 'scientific' not 'I like that guy'
- 100 days until college football
- South Carolina football nails season-ticket promo
- Clemson releases hype video 100 days from opener
- Ed Cunningham: I would have trashed that coach on social media
- Dan Mullen: I'm more worried about winning than the number of games
- 100 days out: Butch Jones delivers video message to the Vol nation
- Oklahoma schools partner for tornado recovery shirt
- Indiana posts teaser video for… something
- Ron Jaworski: I don't think Chip Kelly's offense will work in the NFL